Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nanking

Leave a Comment
Ashley: So this past week I was in New York tagging along on my mom's business trip. On our last night there we had planned to watch a Broadway show, and just decided to stop by Nanking for a quick dinner. The decor looked appealing and there were quite a few people eating at the restaurant, so we wanted to give it a try!

The dishes are rather overpriced, but I'm guessing any other decent restaurant in the Times Square area would be about the same. Anyways, on to the food!


I chose the corn soup as a starter. It was great! It wasn't overly starchy like the ones at some asian restaurants, and there was a lot of flavor! Once again, I thought it was a bit overpriced at $7, but all in all I thought the soup itself was decent.


I ordered the vegetable yellow curry for my main dish. Unlike what the menu had indicated, it wasn't spicy at all. But besides that, I really liked this dish! They give you a larger variety of vegetables than what I'm typically used to, which is definitely a good thing. Most Thai restaurants give you only carrots and potatoes, but Nanking included carrots, mushrooms, water chesnuts, broccoli, bok choy, and bamboo shoots! The curry was a nice consistency--not too watery, and with a good amount of coconut flavor as well. I would definitely recommend this curry, and I'm sure their other curries are just as good!


Here's the duck dish that my mom got. I believe it was also a curry. She thought it was delicious! I thought the duck was mediocre at best, but that might have just been me. I preferred my vegetable curry over this one. By the way, the duck takes extremely long to cook and we were waiting for at least 25-30 min. because of this dish. If you're in a rush (like we were), I would pass on this dish.

Overall, I liked everything about this restaurant besides the price. If you guys are in the area, this would be a good go-to restaurant if you're looking for some asian food! I absolutely loved their curry! I would definitely get it again :)

Happy eating!
-STASH

0 comments:

Post a Comment