Friday, July 26, 2013

Casanova

Leave a Comment
5th St & Mission St.
Carmel, CA 93921

Ashley: My family went to Carmel-by-the-sea a few weeks back for 4th of July. Since we got there around lunch time, we randomly chose a place to eat. I'm so happy we came across this little gem! We had brought our dog, Sandy, and were looking for a restaurant that was pet-friendly (which most of the restaurants are). The girl standing out in front of the restaurant asked us if we had reservations, which we didn't. Thankfully, though, there was one table for four right outside on the patio that was free, and we were seated there. Sandy was able to get a nice little treat and water bowl for herself while we proceeded to enjoy our lunch.

Their menu had a nice selection, which can be found here: Lunch Menu


After we had ordered, they brought out some crispy breadsticks for us to enjoy. It was a nice change from the usual bread and butter that you get at most Italian/French restaurants. The breadsticks came with a meat sauce for dipping, and we were able to get 2 refills without a problem.

We skipped out on ordering any appetizers, and I suppose that was a good thing because the main entree was quite a large serving size--or at least, larger than what I would have expected from a French/Italian restaurant. I ordered the Linguini con Scampi ($17), and with the presentation of the dish alone, I was already impressed.


This dish was delicious! They give you a nice amount of seafood, and the sauce was made just right! I was afraid that it might have been overly cheesy, but nope! The shrimp was probably my favorite part. They were huge! And juicy and flavorful. All in all, a very impressive dish, and I would definitely come back for more.

After we had finished the main course, we were offered a dessert menu. I thought the desserts were way overpriced, but we decided to try a couple, anyway. We chose the homemade Tiramisu, as well as the ice cream assortment.


The Tiramisu was presented so nicely! And it was made to perfection. It was creamy but not soggy, and the coffee flavor was just right. The vanilla ice cream scoop on the side added a nice touch. I loved this dessert!


This was their ice cream dessert. It came with three scoops, all of which were different flavors, as well as a nice serving of fruit. The vanilla and chocolate were my favorite, and the other one was alright. But because I'm not accustomed to tasting wine in my ice cream, I only took a small bite. Both of my parents thought it was good, though! I'm not sure if the ice cream was homemade, but it was delicious nonetheless. The effort that this restaurant puts into arranging and presenting their food really adds a nice touch. If any of you are ever in the area, I would highly recommend giving this restaurant a try. Yelp says that prices are rather expensive, but from what we had from the lunch menu, I'd say it was reasonable for the amount/quality of food that you're getting...with the exception of the dessert, which I thought was rather overpriced. The workers their were so friendly and attentive. The whole experience was lovely. I definitely want to go back again!

Happy eating!
-STASH

0 comments:

Post a Comment