Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bruxie

Leave a Comment
Ashley: Stephen and I have been to Bruxie several times already, but haven't gotten around to doing a review. So at last, here it is! I would say Bruxie was one of the biggest surprises I've had in a while. I had heard pretty good reviews about it, but I could never wrap my mind around the concept of using waffles as a burger bun. But I'm glad I gave it a try.

I've always ordered the Green Eggs and Ham Waffle Burger. Here's a picture of what it looks like, along with some waffle fries (which are just as delicious, btw)


I remember the first time I ordered from Bruxie, I had skipped breakfast and as soon as I saw the pesto and egg ingredients in this waffle burger, I looked no further. Before I took my first bite, I was expecting a rush of sugar from the waffle buns. But nope! In my opinion, I might even prefer them over hamburger buns now. They have a slight crisp to them that you can't achieve with hamburger buns, and the waffles were surprisingly more on the salty side, rather than sweet. Everything seemed to work. The pesto, egg, and ham combination was delicious (hence why I keep going back and ordering the exact same thing). If you do happen to order the regular waffles, though, which I hear are also very tasty, they give you their own original syrup in a cute little glass container, which I think adds a nice personal touch.  The waffle fries were good too. The closest thing I've had to the waffle fries were the fries from Chick-fil-A, but these are better by far. The waffle texture gives it that really unique crisp.

Customer service here is also fantastic. Everyone is so friendly and their service is quick and efficient. There's always been someone greeting people with the menu outside of their store, and everyone working there seems to enjoy it.

All in all, I would say that Bruxie is one of the most original restaurants I've tried lately, and for those of you in the southern CA area, I would highly recommend giving this place a shot! Waffle burgers are not as strange as they sound.

Happy eating!
-STASH

0 comments:

Post a Comment